This page details a formal Terraria Wiki policy which governs one or more aspects of the wiki and its community. Policies are established and maintained by administrators on the behalf of the community. To learn how to propose changes to Terraria Wiki policies, please see Terraria Wiki:Policy#Proposing policy changes.
Basic summary of this policy: Blocks may be issued to deconstructive or vandalous editors. If you feel you have been unfairly blocked, you can appeal your block by contacting the person who blocked you.
Administrators can block and unblock users. When a user is blocked, they cannot edit any pages on the wiki or participate in discussions. However, blocked users can usually still edit their own talk page.
|Warning:||Ban evasion is the practice of using multiple accounts to intentionally get around a block. It is demonstrative of poor conduct and may result in an indefinite block, so do not do it.|
- Blocks are logged at http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log?type=block
While blocked, a user or IP cannot edit the wiki or post in discussions. Blocks can only be issued by administrators of the Terraria Wiki. In rare cases — usually related to cross-wiki vandalism — users or IPs may also be blocked by VSTF or Wikia Staff.
Temporary blocks are blocks that last for a fixed duration and will eventually expire. These blocks usually last somewhere between a few days and a couple of weeks. They are typically given for one or more of the following reasons:
- Vandalizing the wiki or intentionally seeking to cause harm
- Being generally disruptive in the community
- Being uncivil or overly aggressive, trolling, flaming, etc.
- Intentionally dodging the abuse filter.
- Spamming external links or advertising
- Failing to adhere to Terraria Wiki policies (usually after receiving a notice or warning)
- Failing to heed warnings issued by an administrator
- Inappropriate behavior in discussions. A block for this reason should never be indefinite.
Indefinite blocks are blocks that do not have a fixed duration. These are used sparingly in more extreme circumstances and are not necessarily permanent. With patience and peaceful discussion, they can be lifted just like temporary blocks. Indefinite blocks are typically given for one or more of the following reasons:
- Vulgar or inappropriate username (ban will not be lifted until or unless the user makes a new account or the account is renamed via Special:Contact/rename-account)
- Ban evasion: using multiple accounts to get around a block
- Violating multiple Terraria Wiki policies after receiving a final warning
How to appeal a block
|Warning:||Do not use a different account or IP when appealing a block. This may be interpreted as ban evasion. Be polite and courteous: ask, don't demand. If they say no, wait out your block patiently or appeal to a different administrator, don't harass someone by asking over and over again.|
If you feel you have been banned/blocked unfairly, you may appeal your block to try to get it lifted. To appeal a chat ban or block, follow these steps:
- Find out why you were blocked. Here's a few ways you might do this:
- Find out who banned/blocked you. The notice in step 1 will tell you the name of the chat moderator or administrator who blocked you. (If you're still not sure who it was, you can contact any administrator listed at Special:Listusers/sysop and they can redirect you to the right person.)
- Contact the person who banned/blocked you. Here's a few ways you might do this:
- If you're able to edit your own talk page, you can appeal there
- Have a friend leave a message on the chat moderator or administrator's talk page
- Find the chat moderator or administrator on Community Central and leave them a message there
- Individual admins may set up additional ways they can be contacted, such as email or Steam
- If you're still not sure what to do, see this page for information and instructions from Wikia staff