Help for new editors
Below are some basic guidelines to follow as well as some links to pages that will assist in all aspects of editing here on the wiki. It's very helpful to read what is expected for the articles if an editor isn't sure where to start or how. As well as these pages, you can also ask an admin for help with anything wiki related.
Basic Editing Policy
These are some basic editing guidelines that everyone should follow on the Terraria Wiki:
- Do not post spam or vandalize pages. See the Blocking Policy.
- Images uploaded to the wiki should comply with the Image Policy.
- Before making a new page, search thoroughly and make sure that a similar page does not already exist. For example, a page about Lava Traps should not be created, because there is already a page called Traps on the wiki where Lava Traps can be described.
- Before publishing edits, always 1) write a brief description of your edit in the "Edit Summary" window at the upper-right corner of the screen and 2) click "Preview" to make sure the edit looks good.
- Use correct spelling and grammar. Do not use vulgar language.
- Do not put opinions, rumors, guesses or anything non-Terraria related on pages. Only relevant facts.
- Write using the third person narrative. Basically, this means do not use words like "I" or "you."
- Unless there is a gallery, do not add pictures to pages that already have 2+ pictures.
This page expands on the basic policy and outlines a lot of the important aspects of a proper page layout.
This page outlines general formatting, spelling, grammar, and style conventions for articles on this wiki. The guidelines established here should be followed for clean and consistent presentation of content.
This page helps new users understand what is expected in regards to all images uploaded to the wiki.