The Neptune's Shell is an accessory that transforms the wearer into Merfolk when they enter water. It must be equipped in accessory slot for it to take effect. In this state the player has the ability to breathe underwater, swim as if they had Flippers, and isn't slowed down like normal. It is only craftable in 3DS/Old Gen Console.
- The Neptune's Shell does not work in lava, even when used in conjunction with an Obsidian Skin Potion. This is probably because one cannot drown in lava.
- If both a Neptune's Shell and Moon Charm or Moon Shell are/is equipped while the player is underwater at night, the merfolk transformation will remove the bonuses provided by the werewolf buff.
- You do not move faster in honey. All aquatic accessories share this aspect. The only accessory that accelerates movement in honey would be Fishron Wings.
- Wearing a Fish Bowl will not transform the player. However, the player can't drown either.
- While underwater, Wings will not show and hovering with wings like the Hoverboard cannot be used. All other accessories will be visible while transformed.
- The head, body, and legs are affected by dyes put on their respective armor parts. Putting dye on the shell has no effect.
- If the player equips it as a vanity accessory, they will look like a merfolk all the time.
- Merfolk Buff tooltip: Can breathe and move easily underwater.
- Drop rate: 2%.
- If the player goes directly from lava to water, they will not transform until they leave and re-enter the water body.
- Now you can hide the transformation while keeping the bonuses, or put it in the vanity slots.
- No longer craftable. Now drops from Creature from the Deep.
- Became an ingredient in Moon Shell.
- Added to the game.