The Frost Legion (not to be confused with the Frost Moon) is a Hardmode event that can be summoned by using a Snow Globe. It is similar to the Goblin Army in the way that it arrives. When a player uses a Snow Globe (which can only be acquired, legitimately, in hardmode), a message that says "Frost Legion is Approaching from the West/East" will appear on the bottom of the screen. The Snowman Gangsta, Mister Stabby and Snow Balla are the monsters in the Legion. They always drop Snow Blocks no matter what, meaning this event is a great source of snow blocks.
While the Frost Legion is active, Boss 3 music will play.
Upon defeating the legion, Santa will move into an empty house and sell the Santa Outfit and Holiday Lights. However, after January 1, whenever Santa spawns he is immediately slain, effectively removing him from the game.
The Frost Legion are somewhat more difficult to kill than the Goblin Army. However, their lack of Sorcerer alternatives makes them easy to kill with ranged gear. Before 1.2 this was the hardest invasion in the game.
A Snowman with a black hat, and holds a Tommy gun.
A Snowman who wears a brown hat, and like the Snowman Gangsta, has a smile. As the name suggest, it throws snowballs.
The melee snowman who wields a stabbing knife. He tends to hop around the most, and occasionally stops to do stabbing behavior. Unlike the other 2, Mister Stabby does not have a smile, nor does he wear a hat.
- A good strategy is to barricade yourself in a small area with a hole for ranged weapons (Hardmode items such as the Flamethrower and Cursed Flames are effective, but arrows are also appropriate.) When using this technique, the only thing you need to fear are the Gangsta's bullets. Also, the Ballas' snowballs may clog the range hole; however, this is easily remedied using a Pickaxe, Drill, Drax or Picksaw.
The only "loot" is snow blocks and coins. Therefore the only real objective is to unlock the Santa NPC.
- Snowmen are not able to go down wooden platforms, but are usually jumping about and are able to climb up in this way.
- They are unable to open doors, and they often lock themselves out by shooting snowballs which turn into Snow Blocks upon collision with another block.
- All snowmen are immune to "Cursed Inferno" and "On Fire!" debuffs.
- As of January 1, the player is unable to get any snow globes or presents until the next Christmas, December 15 - 31 of the following year, otherwise the player should resort to a save file with some snow globes obtained during December or by changing the system clock.
- In the sprite files, there is a sprite for a snowman with a stick of dynamite lodged in it's head. This is not in-game most likely because it would destroy terrain and would also trap/damage it's allies.
- Snow globes have been added to the latest Android version (1.2.11212), and they will summon a frost legion as described above. If the snow globe does not work, try rebooting.
- This event has the least types of monsters of all the events.
- There is a unused snowman that has dynamite on it's head, however though it didn't make it to the game.
- The achievement, "Do you want to slay a snowman" is a play or joke on the movie Frozen, on the song, "Do you want to build a snowman".
- They are the only event to feature the least amount of enemies.
- They are the only event to not have a new soundtrack in 1.3.
- Added to the game.