The Demolitionist is an NPC that will move in and sell explosives when his conditions are met. He spawns once the player obtains either a stick of Dynamite, Grenade, Bomb, or a Sticky Bomb and holds the item in their inventory (placing explosives in the Hotbar will have no effect), and, as always, the player will need a home for him.
He will only spawn in worlds in which the player has held an explosive in any part of their inventory, and the object doesn't need to be used. He will leave his house in the morning, and return back at night.
If the player acquires an explosive prior to meeting the requirements to get the Merchant, he will not spawn until the Merchant has spawned.
Uses Grenades against nearby enemies.
|Item||Sale Price||Special Conditions|
|Hellfire Arrow||1||Must be in Hardmode|
|Land Mine||5||After defeating Plantera and Pirate Invasion.|
|Explosive Powder||12||Must be in Hardmode|
|Roman Candle||5||Christmas season|
|"Check out my goods, they have explosive prices!"|
"Trying to get through that ebonrock, huh? Check out my explosives!"
During a Blood Moon
"There was a bomb sitting right here, and now I can't seem to find it."
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it according to the ABC list.
- The small thing he carries around is a bird. It was used by miners in real life to determine if there was a gas leak; if the bird stops singing or falls over, there is a gas leak somewhere.
- The quote "There was a bomb sitting right here, and now I can't seem to find it..." might explain where the Clown gets his bombs.
- The Demolitionist is confirmed to be a dwarf, as he himself reveals in the "happiness" dialouge if living underground.
- The Demolitionist will use quotes used in Hard Mode during the Blood Moon even before Hard Mode is activated in a world.
- Now sells Explosive Powder.
- Price for dynamite changed to 1 gold and 50 silver, used to be only 50 silver.
- Now gets a random name when he spawns.
- Added to the game.