They move in a sweeping motion once in range and never directly move towards the player once within range.
- A good tactic for fighting these would be to wait for them to begin swooping towards you then move or jump in the opposite direction of their movements, sidestepping them, or using wall-piercing items such as the Vilethorn or Dark Lance. In this instance it is one of the only ways the Dark Lance can be used to penetrate walls, or a long sword in the right position could also work.
- Once within range, the Cursed Skull will track the player's movements therefore using fast speed, wide-sweeping weapons will be useful when multiple Skulls are tracking you.
- Another helpful idea would be to use a Thorns Potion, but be wary when using as you will still take damage.
- Cursed Skulls emit a fairly small amount of blue light when hit.
- These enemies float around with the ability to sink through walls and then pop back out; they suffer no weapon knockback effects, causing inexperienced or slow-attacking players to die more easily.
- Their bodies flash through different colors as they move, possibly representing the magic they possess.
- Now has a chance to drop the Tally Counter.
- Now has a chance to drop the Nazar accessory.
- Can now inflict the Cursed debuff.
- No longer immune to knockback.
- Now has a chance to drop a Golden Key, though will more often drop 1-3 Bones.
- Won't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Name changed from "Burning Skull" to "Cursed Skull".
- Sprite modified.
- Flaming animation removed.
- Now able to pass through walls.
- Health increased to 40 from 30.
- Damage increased to 35 from 25.
- Defense decreased to 6 from 30.
- Added to the game.