Chlorophyte Ore is an ore that can only naturally be found in the Underground Jungle during Hardmode and can spawn at any depth. Once an ore spawns, it spreads in the jungle by converting mud and jungle grass tiles into Chlorophyte Ore. It will attempt to convert dirt blocks into mud when there aren't any available. Unlike The Crimson/Corruption, the Chlorophyte Ores have a spread limit. Too much ore in an area will cause growth to stop.
Chlorophyte Ore requires a pickaxe or drill with at least 200% pickaxe power to mine. The earliest tools available to mine them are Drax and Pickaxe Axe, which are accessible after all 3 Mechanical Bosses have been defeated.
Chlorophyte is one of the most important ores late game. It is used to craft the high-grade armors for Melee, Mage, and Ranger, namely Turtle Armor, Spectre Armor and Shroomite Armor respectively. It is highly recommended to use Spelunker Potions when in search of these ores, as it makes finding them much easier considering they blend in with the green jungle very well.
- Chlorophyte Ore can spread, converting Mud blocks into more Chlorophyte Ore. This, however, only occurs at stone layer level or deeper, including the Underworld. The ores will not grow in a pre-Hard Mode world. It can also convert dirt into mud when there aren't any around.
- A good way to create a "farm" for Chlorophyte Ore is to go to cavern level or below and create a 5x5 square of mud and putting one ore in the middle. Space the mud squares at least 100 ft away from one another. Multiple blocks in one dense space will not yield more ores than a single block with sufficient spacing.
- If the Chlorophyte Ore "farm" is next to an Underground Corruption or Underground Crimson the biomes will change the Mud into Dirt thus stopping the Chlorophyte Ore from spreading due to Chlorophyte Ore's much slower spread rate. Usually, the Underworld is a good place, especially if the player made a bridge to fight Wall of Flesh, which serves as a good platform for such purpose.
- When in an online world, the ores may appear as though they are not spreading. The block will appear as mud after spreading to another block, but after breaking the block, or reloading the world, it will appear as Chlorophyte Ore. So if the Chlorophyte Farm is at cavern level or lower, this may cause the ore growth to seemly stop, but it is just a sprite glitch.
- A good way to keep Chlorophyte in the world is to always leave one or two pieces behind for every ore chunk gathered and add more mud around the ore. This way, the player will not run short of ore as the Chlorophyte will grow back shortly after.
- Also, it might be a good idea to save the first dozen ores they extract and use them to make a farm in the Underworld.
- Chlorophyte has a spreading limit, checking a square area roughly centered around the ore tile selected to update.
- Pre-1.3 the underground short-range maximum is 12 ore blocks in a 114 tile range (114x114 or an area of 12,996 tiles) and the long-range max is 56 ore blocks in a 284 tile range (284x284 or an area of 20,449 tiles).
- Pre-1.3 the cavern short-range maximum is 24 ore blocks in a 76 tile range (76x76 or an area of 5,776 tiles) and the long-range max is approximately 111 ore blocks in a 190 tile range (190x190 or an area of 36,100 tiles).
- In 1.3 the underground short-range maximum is 21 ore blocks in a 104 tile range (104x104 or an area of 10,816 tiles) and the long-range maximum is 66 ore blocks in a 127 tile range (127x127 or 16,129 tiles).
- In 1.3 the cavern short-range maximum is 41 ore blocks in a 70 tile range (70x70 or an area of 4,900 tiles) and the long-range maximum is approximately 131 ore blocks in a 170 tile range (170x170 or an area of 28,900 tiles).
- The name Chlorophyte and the way the ore spreads may be a reference to the green algae type called Chlorophyta, or the green pigment in plants called chlorophyll.
- The first part of the word, Chloro- comes from the greek word khlōrós, meaning green. The second part, -phyte comes from the greek word phutón, meaning plant. Therefore chlorophyte literally means 'a green plant'.
- Now stacks to 999.
- 'Grows' slower.
- Slightly rarer.
- Added to the game.
|Original Metals||Alternative Metals|
|Hard Mode Metals|
|Other Minerals & Materials|